In the context of new technical developments we have extruded a white coloured PP-HT material, which is particularly suitable for applications in the chemical industry and for thermally demanding applications. GEHR PP-HT ® is a new material that has a heat deflection temperature (HDT/B=133 °C) which is approximately 40 °C higher than that of standard PP without losing its high chemical resistance. The melting point of PP HT is approximately 165 °C. It was possible to significantly enhance the mechanical properties of this homopolymeric material, which expands the field of application for the use of a polyolefin.
– High chemical resistance, as typical of PP
– Enhanced elastic modulus (approx. 2300 MPa) and yield strength(approx. 40 MPa)
– Heat deflection temperature is approximately 40 °C higher than that of standard PP
– Raw material complies with FDA and 10/2011/EC requirements for food contact applications
– Wherever mechanical properties are required that are superior to those of standard PP, or
– Where enhanced thermal properties are indispensable and – until now – alternative solutions had to be found.
Tel: +49 621 87 89 - 0
Fax: +49 621 87 89 – 200
You’re interested in our materials or you have a question about a particular product?
Please send us an e-mail:
or use our contact form.
We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Our facilities and sales offices you find