In response to enquiries for a material with the properties of natural-coloured PEEK but with optimised sliding properties, we developed GLIDE-GEHR PEEK-20TF®. Although PTFE additives in plastics often lead to a fibrous surface, we were able to achieve an almost shiny surface during processing. This material was developed to optimise the performance of PEEK in friction and wear applications by offering improved lubricity and reduced friction compared to standard PEEK. It offers all the standard advantages associated with standard PEEK resins, such as high mechanical strength and rigidity, excellent thermal oxidative stability, fatigue resistance and excellent resistance to tough chemical environments. Here, it offers clear advantages over the materials PEK, PEKK or PEKEKK.
– High chemical resistance (comparable to standard PEEK)
– Enhanced sliding properties (COF approx. 0.12)
– Reduced risk to stick/slip
– Round rods without added pigments
– Reduced abrasion
– Slightly lower mechanical strength compared to standard PEEK
– Electrically insulating
– Wherever lower coefficients of friction are required compared to standard PEEK or
– Wherever reduced abrasion is required,which also has an electrically insulating effect.
Tel: +49 621 87 89 - 0
Fax: +49 621 87 89 – 200
You’re interested in our materials or you have a question about a particular product?
Please send us an e-mail:
or use our contact form.
We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Our facilities and sales offices you find